20 October 2016

Mango smoothie with berries and seeds

I've never been a breakfast person, although I force myself to have it all the time. However is all the time a struggle to find something easy to prepare, easy to eat (yes I can be really lazy to eat), and tasty at the same time.

When I started this type of diet, it was hard for me to imagine myself eating eggs everyday, or sweet potato for breakfast. Let us be honest, sweet potato and chorizo can be cool, but for breakfast is a big step for someone that likes nutritive but light breakfasts.

With this diet I learned how is important to change breakfast, as we change lunch or dinner. For this reason I try to change my breakfast frequently, and if today my breakfast it's eggs and spinach, tomorrow can be almond milk...I don't like routines, especially when it comes to food.

So today I prepared a mango smoothie, and although mango has more carbohydrates than berries, I eat it once in a while for breakfast because I like to give a special treat to my belly and soul.


Ingredients:

  • 1 avocado (medium size)
  • 1 can of coconut milk 
  • 1 ripe mango  (in Oman I try to buy Australians or Egyptian ones)

Let's do it:
  • Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend it in maximum speed for 1 minute
  • Pour the mixture into individual glass jars (is important to be glass and not plastic)
  • Put in the fridge. You can keep them for 4 days maximum.



Quantity: The quantity of the list gives around 3 to 4 small glass jars, depending of the size of mango and avocado.
(I reuse all the glass jars, these ones are from coconut oil so I know they are 200ml)
Time of preparation: Less than 10 minutes

For breakfast I only eat one small jar, but you can eat more if you are trying to avoid snacking between meals.

This is my suggestion:
Pour the content of the jar in a bowl and spread some seeds, I used poppy and sunflower seeds, with some blueberries or pomegranate as it has good anti-oxidant properties and are low in carbohydrates.



When I have early breakfasts I usually don't speak a lot. I like to be in silence thinking in random things or even looking to the desert roses that are growing in the garden.

In days like today I like to start with easy music but good one, and today I am in the mood of Neil Young, I really like him.




I hope you like the smoothie and the breakfast option :)
Let me know how it went!

Namaste





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful suggestion! I am searching about different ways of use avocado.
    I will put in practice your breakfast option and inform you.

    Thanks :) 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luís. I will try to post more breakfast options with avocado :)
      Let me know how this one went!

      Delete
    2. Adorei a escolha musical para este dia ��

      Delete
    3. Também gosto muito da escolha musical :)

      Delete
  2. I did it the next day after I saw your post and it was really good, tje coconut milk give a very good taste!! I added some chia seeds also!

    ReplyDelete