8 November 2016

Bliss balls of cocoa and coconut

This last weekend as we were on working and study mode,  I decided to make some energetic balls to boost the brain and to give us a bit more energy and motivation as we were not enjoying in full the weekend.

I have to say that is impossible to not love these balls, the big challenge is trying to not eat them all in a row...trust me is hard, but in the end they are free from gluten, lactose and they only have natural sugar from dates.

The first time that I had one of these balls was in Noosa in Australia. That place is really cool, nice beaches and really cool cafes. Noosa is similar to a paradise but with too many people. 

Back to the balls, they are really blissful full of nutritive foods and good oils from nuts, coconut and seeds.

For these type of recipes I use the dates that have a bit more "meat", meaning, the ones that have a bit more consistence and that are not so dry as we need consistence. In Oman I buy the Khudri dates as they are good and relatively cheap. 
Living in Middle East has some benefits like the amount of different dates that we can choose at reasonable prices.

I realised that a lot of bloggers tend to use the Medjool dates. I honestly don't understand this preference considering that they might be even more expensive comparing to others.

So I will leave the type of dates to your choice, just make sure that they have enough "meat" :) 

This recipe was adapted from one of Naturally Ella. 




Ingredients:
Let's do it:
  • Start by placing the almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds in a food processor and pulse it for 1 minute until the mix looks a bit like a granulated powder
  • Then add the remaining ingredients (except the shredded coconut) but please don't forget of pitting the dates before. Pulse for 1 minute more until the if forms a sticky dough 
  • Use your hands to make small balls and evolve each one in shredded coconut 
  • Place them in a bowl or airtight container and keep them in the fridge for few days (if you can resist to have them all in the first days) 
It's easy right?? :) 



Time of preparation: 15 minutes 
Quantity : This time it gave me 28 bliss balls but it depend of the size of the balls that you do. I tend to do them smaller, in this way when I eat 2 I feel that I already had 2 :) 

For today I decided to leave you a classic of rock, jazz, electronic music...what you want to call it. Bjork is one of that singers that I remember to listen since I was a young girl. I still remember of the videoclips on a music show the used to pass on Saturdays in Portuguese television, Top+. Oh my god...is funny how music bring us memories.

For me music is food for the soul


Please danceeeee...dance and sing as if you were a child. You will see how your day will be much better :) 

1 comment:

  1. Grande escolha....grande música..por momentos ouvi-te a cantar e a dançar corredor fora.��,mas sim já lá vão alguns anitos, quando viamos o top mais ��

    ReplyDelete