5 February 2017

Cranberries&Cocoa Bliss Balls

Bliss balls became one of the biggest addictions in the house, as they are packed with a lot of good nutrients, vitamins and most of all they are raw which keeps the full nutritional value that a lot of times is lost during the cooking process.

I am starting to be a big fan of raw food but I find hard to prepare raw low carb meals as they use a lot of produces that doesn't enter in a low carb meal as well protein supplements that I honestly try to avoid. I tend to use a vegan protein powder in some of my bliss balls because it helps to achieve the desired consistence but I am not a big supporter of several meals and snacks with protein supplements as I believe that is possible to get protein through real food.

For now I stick only to raw salads, desserts and snacks which I am still learning but I am loving it I confess.

I decided to make bliss balls wth cranberries as I am trying to increase in a good way the nutritional value of my snacks and cranberries are really good anti-oxidants that fight the free radicals naturally produced by our body, working as anti-ageing which we all agree that is a good thing :)


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of almonds
  • 1/4 of walnuts
  • 1 cup of dates 
  • 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
  • 2 Tbsp of chia seeds
  • 2 Tbsp of flax seeds
  • 2 Tbsp of coconut oil 
  • 1 Tbsp of protein powder (optional)
  • 1 Tbsp of raw cocoa powder 
Let's do it:

This method is similar to the previous post of bliss balls
  • Start by placing the almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds in a food processor and pulse it for 1 minute until the mix looks a bit like a granulated like crumbs 
  • Then add the dates, sesame seeds, coconut oil, protein powder and the cocoa powder and pulse for 1 minute more until the if forms a sticky dough 
  • Add in last the dried cranberries and pulse for 30 seconds just to envolve them, avoiding to cut them too much
  • Use your hands to make small balls 
  • Place them in a bowl or airtight container and keep them in the fridge for few days



I leave you today another song of Devendra Banhart. I already posted previously one song of him, I like is voice and his musical rhythm.
This video clip is super sensual that I am really surprised that is available in youtube in Middle East :)  and beside the music melody, the lyrics are beautiful although they are in Spanish.
I hope you enjoy it!



Have a nice day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment