5 April 2017

Mango chia pudding

The summer is back to Oman and although I don't really love this crazy heat, I love the wind that comes with the monsoon on the south of Oman allowing us to enjoy every weekend kiting :)

With the summer we need to improve our daily hydration and I tend to suffer a bit with dehydration, although I drink a lot of water during the day, all the water that we drink here comes from desalination water plants so doesn't have most of the nutrients that our body needs to fight dehydration. So I try to include in my diet, especially during the summer coconut water as it is super rich in nutrients as potassium, sodium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, vitamin C and is poor in carbohydrates so is perfect for us.

The good thing of coconut water, is that you can add it to your favourite smoothie, fresh juice and even to chia pudding, that is my new addiction.



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of coconut water
  • 1/2 avocado 
  • 1/2 mango 
  • 2 Tbsp of chia seeds 
Let's do it:
  • Blend all the ingredients together (beside the chia seeds)
  • Pour the mix to a glass jar and add the chia seeds and mix well with a spoon 
  • Close the glass jar with a lead and place it overnight in the fridge
  • On the next morning I added coconut chips and berries. 


We all take from granted things as having mineral water in our taps, bottled water in the supermarket. Sometimes we should stop and think that our reality is not the reality in a lot of places in the world. I came from a country where the simple water that comes from the tap presents an amazing quality. Then I moved to a country where I can't drink tap water, or is not advisable, and where the water is not mineral coming from desalination plants, lacking all the minerals that makes the water a good and nourishing drink.
At the same time I came across in Oman, with people from really poor countries where they didn't had any potable water in their own countries and where the price of a bottle of water is so overpriced that they avoid drinking water.

Life is a matter of perspective but is important, once in a while, to get out from our own perspective.

I know that we are far far far away from Christmas but today I am in the mood to listen Ryuichi Sakamoto.
He's a japanese musician, composer and some of his albums he worked with famous artist as David Byrne, Arto Lindsay and even Iggy Pop.


Enjoy the life that has been given to you...is so important to recognise that a life has been given to us and that every second is a blessing and that we should be grateful for every breath, for every drop of rain and sunlight, for every smile and tear.
Is so important to practice mindfulness in a daily basis and share this with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment