30 May 2017

Coconut&Chocolate Cookies

While browsing in Instagram I came across with a lovely picture of some cookies, and for the ones that know me....I simply love cookies. If you can check out in instagram all the cookies that "thehealthyhazelnut" has.
I changed few of the ingredients to match with a low carb and high fat diet. This was the third time that I tried them out, as I have been all the time adjusting the ingredients but I finally I  achieved what I was searching for. These ones I have to say they came out quite tasty and more with a cookie look :)

These cookies are a perfect snack for kids and adults and although has coconut sugar, is not refined sugar.



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 large eggs or 3 medium ones
  • 1/4 cup of almond butter 
  • 1/4 cup of cocoa chips of chopped dar chocolate
Let's do it:
  • pre-heat the oven to 170 C and prepare a tray with parchment paper or silicone mat
  • In a bowl mix all dry ingredients and mix well removing all the lumps with a spoon
  • In other bowl the almond butter, vanilla extract, coconut oil and the eggs previously whisked and mix well with a spoon until get an homogeneous mixture
  • Slowly add the flour mixture (dry ingredients) to the wet ingredients until get a homogenous and thick batter
  • In the end add the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and mix again with a spoon
  • Spread some coconut oil in your hands (in this way the batter will not stick to your hands), remove small pieces of the batter with your hands and form balls. Align the balls along the tray and in the end use a piece of parchment paper to flat a bit the cookies. NOTE - You don't want to flat them too much
  • Bake for 10 minutes. Try to not over bake them so they will stay soft. 


Time of preparation: 25 minutes (15 minutes to prepare the batter and 10 minutes baking)
Quantity: 20 cookies (it will depend on the size that you make them)

I have been in the mood of Feist. I used to listen a lot when I was in University and today I leave you one of my favourite songs...1234 :)

Enjoy the cookies :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment