4 June 2017

Beetroot sauce

I just passed one month in Australia, including Tasmania which is definitely a paradise on the top of the planet. Starting with the landscapes to the wildlife, finishing in the food and wine...oh gosh...I want to go back.

While living in Oman we don't have any opportunities to browse around in a bookstore because there's any, so while on holidays I like to browse for cooking books and healthy magazines, and Australia is perfect for this.
The amount of healthy shops, organic markets, good restaurants is amazing. I totally recommend Australia for a foodie. In one of several magazines I came across with several recipes for dipping sauces so as soon as I arrived home I started trying them out.

Although this recipe was not invented by me I think that would be nice to share it as it is so good and honestly, when it comes to food all recipes are from everyone. Is like the sun, when it raises is for all :) but for the record I followed Pete Evans recipe.

I leave you a beetroot sauce that is good as side dish with meat or as a dipping sauce with some vegetables sticks (like carrot, cucumber or celery), or to spread on the top of some savoury bread.


Ingredients:

  • 1 large beetroot, peeled and grated 
  • 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 1 large handfuls of parsley 
  • 1 small red onion 
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 4 tablespoons of oregano leaves
  • 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • sea salt and black pepper
Let's do it:
  • Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse it until finally chopped
  • You can add more olive oil as it depends of the consistency that you desire and of the size of beetroot also
*Note* - You can store it in a airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. 

Time of preparation: 5 minutes

Somedays I am in the mood of some good old jazz, the one that makes you sing and dance. I am sure that Peggy Lee doesn't need presentation! 


All day's are good days....





No comments:

Post a Comment