15 December 2016

Stuffed portobello mushrooms

Most of our dinners are free from protein as we consume protein mainly at lunch, so basically our dinners are soup or a vegetarian dish prepared with good fats to improve the sleep and rest.

I try to have portobello mushrooms all the time in my fridge, they are my backup plan for everything.

In Oman you can find these mushrooms mainly in Al Meera supermarket and sometimes in Sultan Centre. Is not the easiest thing to find I know it, but in Al Meera I found them every week. So if you leave in Muscat is the place to go. 



Ingredients:
  • 4 Portobello mushrooms 
  • Bunch of cherry tomatoes
  • basil leaves 
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • Olive oil or butter  
Let's do it:
  • First start to preheat the oven to 150 C
  • Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and reserve
  • To a bowl cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters and slice the basil leaves
  • Cut the mushrooms stalks in small pieces and add them to the bowl 
  • Add the parmesan cheese (optional) 
  • Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture 
  • Pour a bit of olive oil or a slice of grass-fed butter over the top of the mushrooms (the fat will help the mushrooms to get more flavour and will make you feel more full after eating)
  • Place the mushrooms in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they look soft and cooked 

You can serve them with any side dish. I usually have them with cauliflower mash or roasted vegetables, especially kale or brocollini.

You can also stuff the mushrooms with different things, you only need to have ideas. 
As I usually do them so often, I am trying all the time to be creative. 
I will start to post some of my ideas to help you also to have your own ideas.

This year I am going home for Christmas and I will not take my laptop so this will be my last recipe until I return.
I hope that you all try to be happy and please share your happiness with others as it is so important to share our vibes.
Sharing is caring...
As we grow up we realise that Christmas is not all about presents, is mainly about being present to the ones we love and care. 

I love Pink Martini, I discovered them when I was living in Brussels in 2005 and this album "Joy to the World" has amazing Christmas songs under their own version and I really like this one in particular. Shchedryk is a Ukrainian carol, although they consider it a New Year's carol.   
This can be a nice album to have on the Christmas evening and day :) 
Is nice to come across with different carols from other countries in totally different languages...this is the beauty of the world! 

Have a Merry Christmas and be yourself a present to others :) 


Merry Christmas world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment