5 December 2016

Tuna in Soya Sauce

On a Low Carb High Fat diet is important to consume high quantity of good fats and moderate protein and low carbohydrates.

Here at home we consume mainly protein from eggs, fat fish, chicken and beef, once in a while I cook lamb for him as I really don't like it.

In Oman we can find fresh tuna almost everyday, especially yellow fin tuna.
Tuna is known for the various health benefits. it has very high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels, the combination of omega-3 fatty acids, which are anti-inflammatory can help reduce blood pressure, along with potassium, a vasodilator, make tuna fish very good for lowering blood pressure.
If you make a search from the health benefits of tuna you will be surprised.

However is important to be aware that one problem of eating too much tuna is the risk of mercury poisoning as it is rich in mercury levels, so we should prefer fresh tuna instead of processed and canned one.

I prepare tuna every week or every two weeks and I try all the times to think in different recipes. However I like to prepare tuna with soya sauce, I try to do it only once in a while as soya sauce is too rich in sodium.



Ingredients: 

  • 2 steaks of fresh tuna
  • 1/4 cup of spring onions (sliced)
  • 1/4 cup of soya sauce
Let's do it:
  • In bowl combine the soya sauce with the sliced spring onions and marinates the tuna steaks for 15 minutes
  • After marinated, prepare a frying pan and turn the heat in low. 
  • Place the tuna steaks in the frying pan with the soya sauce of the marinade and fry it more or less 5 minutes each side. However this step depends if you like the tuna rare, medium rare or well done. I prepared them well done
  • Serve it with salad or roasted veggies 
I love the flavour of the tuna cooked in soya sauce, gets with a sweeter taste that I like and I served the steaks with a really good raw salad that I will post in the next few days.  

Time of preparation: 25 minutes (15 minutes marinade + 10 minutes cooking)


I am counting the days for my Kitesurf trip to Cape Town next year. I am a bit scared of the possible "extreme" conditions that I may face but in case the waves are too big I will spend my days travelling around and doing yoga...There is always a backup plan when you go for these trips. 

Today I leave you Rodriguez an American singer that had a massive success in South Africa where a lot of rumours started about his existence. I totally advise to watch the documentary "Searching for Sugar Man" winner of Academy award in 2012.


Have a nice week and you already know this...be happy :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment