1 December 2016

Chocolate muffins


Since I started to bake muffins I became addicted because they are easy to do, taste amazing and they are guilty free.
I can have them for breakfast, as a snack or even as dessert :)
Is great for me...the problem is that they disappear so fast that when you look to the container they're gone, especially if you have a "chocolate monster" at home :)

The good thing in this low carb high fat diet, is that these things are packed of good fats and you don't feel guilty to eat them, and after having one muffin you will feel so satisfied and happy!! Chocolate makes everyone happier!



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of almond flour
  • 1/4 cup of cacao powder
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • pinch of salt 
  • 3 eggs large or 4 medium 
  • 2 Tbsp of raw honey 
  • 3 Tbsp of butter or ghee
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract 
  • 1 tsp of apple cider 
  • 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips 
Let's do it:
  • Pre-heat the oven to 200 C and grease a muffin tin 
  • In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients
  • In a medium bowl mixt all the wet ingredients
  • Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips 
  • Scoop the batter to the muffin tin 
  • Bake for more or less 25-30 minutes. It will be ready when you insert a toothpick and it will come out dry
  • Wait few minutes before eating...if you can resist :) 

Quantity: 8 muffins
Time of preparation: 45 minutes (15 minutes to prepare and 30 m minutes baking)

*Note*1 -  These muffins are not really sweet but if you want you can remove the honey from the ingredients and it will be totally sugar-free. As I am using pure dark cacao they get a bit bitter so I prefer to add honey.

*Note*2 - For the ones that live in Oman sometimes people ask me where do I find these ingredients. I usually buy them online in a shop in Dubai that deliver in Oman and sometimes they are even cheaper than in Oman. The website is this one http://organicfoodsandcafe.com (For the record I don't get anything by advertising them, but while living in Oman I know that all the help is welcomed). Another thing is about almond flour, in case you don't find it, you can find almond powder or almond meal (is basically the same as almond flour a bit more coarse) in Al Fair, Lulu, Al Meera.

I am counting the days for the release of the movie Trainspotting II, however I think that I will have to fly away from Middle East if I want to watch the movie.
As you can imagine it will not pass in here, or they will pass and after so many cuts we will have only 20 minutes of movie...hehe!! 

I leave you Iggy Pop  for today and I am sure that he doesn't need any introduction...he is a genius...sort of :) 


Try the muffins and let me know how it went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment