26 October 2016

Vegetable noodles

I was never a person that liked spaghetti although I liked noodles, I wonder what is the reason of this as it sounds a bit ridiculous to me, but oh well...is nice to be a weirdo sometimes :)

Around 2 years ago in a shop in Muscat I came across with a spiralizer, and I was totally amazed when I discovered a machine that makes noodles from vegetables. As everything in Oman, it was ridiculous expensive, but I had to buy it and honestly I don't regret.
It has been a good friend in the kitchen :)

I love these vegetable noddles as they are super easy to do and fast, and you can add to them what you prefer. Is a nice option when I arrive late from my yoga practice and I am starving and I want something fast and tasty. 


Ingredients:
  • 1 zucchini 
  • 1 sweet potatoe
  • Asparagus
  • Sweet red pepper
  • Oyster mushrooms
  • Tomato passata - 2 Tbs
  • Basil (I used 5 leaves of fresh basil)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Coconut oil - 4 Tbs
Let's do it:
  • In a spiralizer, transform your vegetables in noodles and set them on the side
  • Cut the pepper, the asparagus and oyster mushrooms
  • In a wok spread 2 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of tomato passata and the basil and stir for 1 minute or so
  • When it's warm enough place inside the red pepper, the asparagus and the oyster mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste
  • Stir them well allowing the vegetables to cook for a while. If you see that is becoming dry, add a bit more of tomato passata. The asparagus shouldn't be overcooked because you want to keep the nutricional properties. This step takes close to 5 minutes
  • When cooked, remove the vegetables from the wok and set them on the side in a bowl
  • Add another 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the wok and pour in the vegetable noodles. Season them with salt. Stir them well until the sweet potato is almost soft. This step takes around 5 minutes also, depending of the type of sweet potato
  • Serve the vegetable noodles in a bowl and top them with the vegetables





Quantity: The list of ingredient is enough for 2 people 
Time of preparation: 20 minutes counting with the time of spiralling and cut the vegetables 

This year has been a year of big musical losses and David Bowie was maybe the biggest one. There are songs that don't really say anything to me but there's also great songs like "Heroes", which is a song that somehow when I sing it, helps me to believe even more in myself. 
However I chose "Starman" for  today's song because it reminds me the summer kitesurf trips to Aseelah, south of Oman. The windy season is over but at least we still have music :) 


Let me know how it went!
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment