25 November 2016

Almond butter cookies

I have been called cookie monster since I remember...I am totally fine with that because I know that is because of the cookies addiction and not because I am fury and blue :)
I love cookies...COOKIES!
However I made a big detox when I started this diet and I realised that cookies are really addictive and I remember that I couldn't even pass in the cookie section in the supermarkets because it was painful as I craved so much oat cookies or cinnamon, let us be honest...any type of cookies that did't had cream, I never liked cookies with cream.

This week while I was searching some inspiration in "Women's weekly" and Australian magazine, I discovered this recipe, but it was made with crunchy peanut butter.  
As we don't eat peanuts because they are too rich in carbohydrates, I thought...hummm, let me try with almond butter! And it works perfectly, maybe they don't get crunchy as if you do them with crunchy peanut butter, but for me they turned out perfect. 

However I believe that in the future I can improve somehow the recipe to get them more crunchy but for now I will share it as I made and if one day I discover how to make them more crunchy I let you know :) 



Ingredients:
  • 250 grams of raw almond butter (organic without sugar)
  • 1/4 cup of honey 
  • 1tsp of baking soda
  • 1 egg
Let's do it:
  • Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line two oven trays with baking paper
  • In a bowl combine the almond butter, the honey, the baking soda and the egg slightly beaten 
  • Mix well with a spoon. In here you will have the opportunity to work a bit your biceps :) 
  • Drop 1 Tbsp of the mixture onto trays with more or less 4 cm apart
  • Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly browned 

You can keep these cookies in a airtight container for about 1 week. 
In here they didn't lasted 3 days but I am a cookie monster for some reason, right?



Time of preparation: 30 minutes
Quantity: 17 cookies 

I leave you today Cat Stevens, I love this song because of the lyrics. Is such an amazing song full of meaning :) 

"You can do what you want
The opportunity is on
And if you can find a new way
You can do it today
You can make it all true
And you can make it undo" 

Just do what you want guys...life is only about it! Don't wait until you get old to make your dreams come true :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment