17 November 2016

Apple & cinnamon muffins

I recently discovered that I really like muffins and they are a nice idea for that "grab and go" breakfast.

A muffin and a smoothie has been working really well for us and is a nice snack to have in the mornings before workout or Yoga. One muffin and a coffee :)

Is really cool to be able to have muffins for breakfast, free from all the bad things that usually we find in the muffins that we can buy outside. These muffins are healthy and nutritious.

Nothing is better than the food that is prepared by us.

This recipe is good for the ones that don't really like coconut, and I love these muffins because they take the best ingredients ever...apple and cinnamon :) I devour everything that takes apple and cinnamon.



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of almond flour
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tbs of ground cinnamon 
  • 1 large apple grated
  • Juice of half lemon (approximately 2 Tbsp)
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp of raw honey
  • 3 Tbsp of butter or ghee (melted)
Let's do it:
  • Pre-heat the oven to 200 C 
  • Combine dry ingredients in one large bowl
  • In another bowl place the grated apple, lemon juice and zest and mix. Add the eggs (previously whisked), the butter or ghee and the honey. Mix well
  • Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones
  • Grese the muffin tin with coconut oil, butter or ghee, what you prefer. I used coconut oil.
  • Scoop the mix to the muffin tin
  • Bake for 25 minutes. In the end insert a toothpick and it has to come out dry.
These muffins are not too sweet which makes me like them even more, but you can adjust it to your taste with more or less honey. 

Time of preparation: 10 minutes to prepare the batter + 25 minutes baking 
Quantity: It makes 12 muffins

Today I leave you Beirut as a soundtrack. Is a Indie-rock band from America.
The first album for me was the best but in a general way they have really amazing songs. I especially like the combination of all instruments, the orchestra style. 
I remember that few years ago, in a friends wedding, this was their song, I just loved it and I was probably one of the few people that was singing it loud and crying off course...I think I cried in all my good friends weddings....I'm such a girl :) 


Enjoy these muffins and let me know how it went. Meanwhile sing and dance :) Life is all about being happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment